RENYA XYDIS STYLES MATICEVSKI RESORT ’18 AT PCW
Australian designer Toni Maticevski’s debut Paris show brought together an intimate gathering for his Resort ‘18 collection during the haute couture schedule. Exploring a more masculine and linear silhouette with squared edges, Maticevski’s collection brought back a more grown up ‘Tomboy Heiress’ this season, with models walking the runway with effortless, cool hair juxtaposed against the couture.
“The team of Wella Professionals lead by Renya Xydis proved their talent by working with the unique cuts of the models’ hair. Some are cropped and masculine and some are soft and textured with a day-old wear. The effect is one of a natural beauty and wear with an ease of movement and youthful chance in its effect. Hair is treated with little fuss and a charm and naiveté, ringing to it an unfinished girlishness,” said Toni Maticevski.
Wella Professionals Creative Director Australia & New Zealand, and hair director for the show, Renya Xydis, said of the look, “The Maticevski ‘Tomboy Heiress’ needed to have a bit of grit, like she had just woken up and put her hair in a clip. It’s relaxed and not too ‘done’ to contrast with the collection.”
Get the Look:
1. Prep the hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Shape Me from ear to ear down to make the hair stay closer to the head and look a little bit dirty
2. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me to the section from the ears up to ensure it has height without looking too product-heavy
3. Drop blowdry the hair with a round brush
4. Apply a generous amount of Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me and ‘skip’ into the hair to make it look a little bit edgier. You don’t want it to look too perfect or soft
5. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist to the left side then rake it through with your hands and fasten back with a clip
6. Drop-tong large sections of the hair with a 1 1/4″ barrel curling tong, then blow dry again to make it look less neat
7. Smooth a small amount of System Professional LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir through the ends
8. Mist with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Styled hairspray for hold to finish
– Wella Professionals