For the second year in a row, Paul Mitchell partnered with rocker chic design label Mark and Estel to create the hairstyles for their New York Fashion Week runway show on February 13th. Led by Paul Mitchell Stylist, Ashley Simmon, the team of Paul Mitchell stylists gave the models an understated yet glamorous style with natural-looking waves and a lived-in feel.
GET THE LOOK: WINDSWEPT, TOUSLED WAVES
- Spray Awapuhi Wild Ginger® Texturizing Sea Spray® to the crown of the head to create volume.
- Spray Dry Wash® waterless shampoo throughout the lengths of the hair and then blow dry your strands, using your fingertips to create volume and bring out your natural texture.
- Create a center part and apply your favorite thermal protection spray, such as Hot Off The Press®.
- Separate your hair into two sections and pin the top portion up and away. Begin curling the bottom sections using the Neuro® Unclipped Styling Cone. Be sure to leave the last .5” inch of the hair out to give the curls a natural look.
- As you create the curls, pin them in place off the scalp and allow the hair to cool to completely.
- Once cooled, release the hair and gently backcomb each curl using a teasing brush.
- Gently loosen the curls with your fingers and spray a product cocktail of Spray Wax™and Worked Up® to create bendable texture and shine.
- Gently tap the ends of the hair using Neuro Smooth to deliver the final heat touch and create a lived-in, windswept look.
- Finish with Hold Me Tight™and Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray™.