Winners for the 2019 Australian Hair Industry Awards (AHIA) have been announced.
Now in it’s 6th year, the Australian Hair Industry Awards honour the industry’s business and salon contingents; celebrating excellence in a number of specialist, individual and state categories.
Sunday 28th April saw hairdressers from across Australia flock to the annual Hair Biz Forum, before which winners were announced at a celebratory gala dinner inside the Grand Ballroom of the Star on the Gold Coast.
Guests were treated to a three course spread and an electric showcase by Aussie outfit ‘Laserman’, before which each of the winners for 2019 were revealed.
“Each year we see unprecedented growth both in the number or entrants, sponsors and guests to the gala dinner,” said Linda Woodhead, owner of mocha publishing and founder of the AHIA’s.
“Being recognised for business success is something salons are very proud of and the title of AHIA Winner allows them to enjoy great publicity bringing more business back into their salons.”
Winners were announced across 29 as were the recipients of this year’s Special Recognition (Edward Beale) 2019 Vidal Sassoon Humanitarian awards (Marie Nieuwoudt).
Taking out the coveted AHIA Australian Salon Business of the Year for 2019 were Sloans of Lane Cove, who were also selected as the NSW State Salon of the Year; an award that qualified the team for the national title.
Check out the full winners’ list below:
AHIA CARE TREAT AND STYLE PRODUCT AWARDS (SPONSORED BY MOCHA)
- CARE – Best Shampoo and Conditioner Pair: milk_shake – Moisture Plus Shampoo + Conditioner
- TREAT – Best Cream Treatment: DNA Organics – Primrose Reco Masque
- STYLE – Best Ladies Styling Product – Styling Oil, Cream/Paste or Texturiser: Joico – Blonde Life Brilliant Glow Brightening Oil
- MENS – Best Styling Product – Styling Wax, Paste or Cream: muk Haircare – Hard muk Styling Mud
- Junior/Apprentice of the Year (SPONSORED BY EXCELLENT EDGES): Rachel Morrison – Rubi Hair, Windsor
- Salon Stylist of the Year (SPONSORED BY MATRIX): Elle Schoemaker – Stelios Papas, Toowong
- Salon Manager of the Year (SPONSORED BY WELLA PROFESSIONALS): Cherie Cowan – Sloans of Lane Cove
- Business Director/Owner of the Year (SPONSORED BY GOLDWELL): Don De Sanctis – Barber Boys/Barbery
- Salon Design – Extensive (SPONSORED BY REDKEN): Edwards And Co. Surry Hills
- Salon Design – Boutique (SPONSORED BY KMS): George & Ivy
- Best Independent Educator of the Year (SPONSORED BY EVY PROFESSIONAL): Jules Tognini
- Best Customer Care (SPONSORED BY GLAMPALM): Tigerlamb
- In Salon Training (SPONSORED BY BRISBANE SCHOOL OF HAIRDRESSING): Papas and Pace
- Best Marketing Award (SPONSORED BY PHOREST): The Fox & The Hair
- Best Business Performance of the Year (non-salon) (SPONSORED BY SUSTAINABLE SALONS AUSTRALIA): The Secret Fox Education
- Salon Team of the Year (SPONSORED BY L’OREAL PROFESSIONAL): Elysium Hair, Brisbane
- Best Barber of the Year (SPONSORED BY WAHL): Jaimy Mikhael – Styles by Jaimy
- Best Barber Business (SPONSORED BY AMERICAN CREW): Barber Boys – Barbery
- Best Salon Newcomer of the Year (SPONSORED BY SCHWARZKOPF PROFESSIONAL): Tigerlamb Coorparoo Salon
- Best Eco Salon (SPONSORED BY DNA ORGANICS): George & Ivy
STATE SALONS OF THE YEAR
- State Salon of the Year NSW/ACT (SPONSORED BY KITOMBA): Sloans of Lane Cove
- State Salon of the Year QLD (SPONSORED BY WELLA PROFESSIONALS): Tigerlamb, Portside Salon
- State Salon of the Year VIC/TAS/SA (SPONSORED BY MUK HAIRCARE): ORBE Norwood
- State Salon of the Year WA/NT (SPONSORED BY MATRIX): Tyler Reid Hair
The Australian Salon Business of the Year (SPONSORED BY MOCHA): Sloans of Lane Cove
National Wholesaler of the Year Winners (SPONSORED BY AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES): Hair Beauty Co Op, SA
Special Recognition Award (SPONSORED BY MOCHA): Lee and Franchot Blackett, LFBI
Hall of Fame (SPONSORED BY LEE FRAN BEAUTY IMPORTS): Edward Beale
Vidal Sassoon Humanitarian Award (SPONSORED BY BEAUTY GIVES BACK): Marie Nieuwoudt
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THE WINNERS FOR 2019!