We’re calling this the Extreme Ponytail, it has an equestrian feel.
Founder of KEVIN.MURPHY, Kevin Murphy
Continuing one of the hair world’s strongest fashion links, the KEVIN.MURPHY army, led by the man himself, worked across hair direction for the Town Hall Runway 2 show as part of Melbourne Fashion Week, this week.
A collective show, the event was set against artistic installations and profiled the creations of some of Australia’s finest designers including Michael Lo Sordo, Scanlan Theodore, Dion Lee, Asdorf, Bianca Spender and Viktoria & Woods.
The ever-reliable pony was reinvented to compliment the shifting shapes, palette and necklines of the illustrious group – a sleek and sophisticated nod to the season ahead.
“We wanted to tap into the craftsmanship of these designers and reflect the incredible tailoring in their collections through the hair, so we created a very pulled together precise ponytail,” said Kevin Murphy.
“We’re calling this the Extreme Ponytail, it has an equestrian feel.”
Hair was prepped with ANTI.GRAVITY Lotion then secured at the nape of the neck before various Amazing Hair pieces were fastened to really elevate things to runway status.
With the ‘art of individual’ trend alive and well, a few curly haired girls were left natural … well almost, with a subtle KEVIN.MURPHY enhancement courtesy of LEAVE.IN REPAIR and latest product release, KILLER.CURLS.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep dry hair with ANTI.GRAVITY Lotion and blow-dry smooth.
- Create a centre part.
- Spray with SESSION.SPRAY and smooth hair towards the nape of the neck using the SMOOTHING.BRUSH
- Create two ponytails at the nape of your neck with two thirds of your hair in one, and the remaining hair in the other.
- Wrap the smaller ponytail around and down the larger one.
- Over spray with SESSION.SPRAY to hold it in place without pinning.
Imagery by Lucas Dawson and Luis Murphy.