It’s the O-G bond multiplier that changed the capacity of hair, forever. Olaplex has boosted salon revenues and propelled a unicorn slash mermaid, merman, vibrant colour craze around the world. Not to mention record brunette-to-blonde transformations. Add to any colour service for the ultimate hair breakage insurance. There is nothing else like it (although many have tried). We expose 6 things you may not know about this colourists’ wingman.
It has one Active Ingredient
Olaplex contains single active ingredient, Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate responsible for restoring the integrity of hair while reducing porosity for longer lasting colour. It prevents fading and increases elasticity, ultimately restoring hair to its natural texture/state. It rejuvenates hair like no other competitor and is ONLY available in Olaplex products.
Olaplex is free of nasties and kind to animals
The Olaplex range is free of silicone, sulphates, phthalates, DEA and aldehydes and is never tested on animals. No.4 and No.5 formulations are also gluten free, nut free and vegan, heroing the highest quality ingredients including essential vitamins, natural oils and fruit extracts.
OLAPLEX IS A 2 STEP SALON SERVICE AND 3 STEPS TO TAKE HOME
- No. 1 (In-Salon Service): Add No. 1 Bond Multiplier to any professional lightener, colour or other chemical treatments in-salon before applying to hair
- No. 2 (In-Salon Service): Applied to hair post-service. No.2 Bond Perfector restores strength, structure and the integrity of hair
- No. 3 (Take Home): No.3 Hair Perfector is a take-home treatment to further strengthen hair while maintaining nourishment and vitality between salon visits. Part of the unique Olaplex 3-4-5 system
- No. 4 (Take Home): Apply No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo to deeply penetrate and deliver strength, nourishment, and improve integrity. No. 4 combats excessive damage with a combination of natural ingredients and unique chemistry. Part of the unique Olaplex 3-4-5 system
- No. 5 (Take Home): After using Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo, use a generous amount of No. 5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner from scalp to tip. Part of the unique Olaplex 3-4-5 system
Kim Kardashian Sleeps In It and Drew Barrymore Swears by It
Courtesy of celebrity hair colourist Tracey Cunningham, Olaplex-lover Kimmy K sleeps in No.3 to prep-hair for any next-day transformations and Drew Barrymore can’t live without it, washing her hair with No. 4 and No. 5 to help strengthen her tresses.
The potential of Olaplex is unlimited
Olaplex is NOT just for coloured hair, it is suitable for all hair types and is a complete internal reparative treatment. In addition to colour, perming and straightening services, Olaplex can be used in a range of ways on both virgin or chemically treated hair:
- As a 5-step service upgrade including client-take home (to repair hair between chemical services)
- As an express treatment to quickly restore or boost condition
- As a cutting and detangling lotion
- As a natural curl booster
- To soften grey wiry hair
- To soften coarse or unruly beards
Olaplex welcomes two new products in 2018
Olaplex has two new product additions. No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo restores internal strength and moisture levels for incredible shine and manageability. No.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner restores, repairs and hydrates for lightweight strong, vibrant hair.