THE industry awards’ platform of the UK, the British Hairdressing Awards have long led the global standard of hair (alongside our own stage, of course). In 2019, the event continued its ‘Oscars’ level of style and significance with more than 1,750 of the country’s top hairdressing talent flocking to the JW Marriott Hotel on Park Lane to learn of their new legends.
Winning the ultimate accolade was Robert Eaton from Russell Eaton Hair in Leeds who was announced 2019 British Hairdresser of the Year. Just the beginning it seemed, with induction into the hallowed Hall of Fame following closely after.
“When I first started in the hairdressing industry, my dad gave me a Trevor Sorbie book and said, ‘one day this could be you winning those hairdressing awards,’ and now I’ve done it!” Robert said.
The collection, a stunning display of colour co-ordinates from soft, fairy floss pink to sapphire blue and brooding emerald green, is an ode to Robert’s eye for old school precision mixed with progressive texture and standout shape.
“I’m madly passionate about the hairdressing industry, I love every single element about it. It’s been my whole life since I left school and I hope I can be a mentor for other young hairdressers too. I would love to thank my Wella Professionals and most of all, the amazing salon teams at Russel Eaton in Barnsley and Leeds!”
While we extend a huge congratulations to all winners below, a little extra love goes to our homegrown hero, Jacky Chan, Oscar Oscar Chadstone, Melbourne, Australia, for taking out the new accolade, International Collection of the Year.
“To win is so unexpected, but I’m over the moon! Thank you to everyone’s support back at home,especially my Oscar Oscar salon family and business partner Oscar Cullinan for his years of continued mentoring and support,” Jacky said.
Jayne Lewis-Orr, Executive Director of HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards commented on the win: “Jacky’s beautiful work captivated the imagination of more than 100 industry judges and he thoroughly deserves the trophy. Warmest congratulations for demonstrating fantastic technical dexterity, and for being such a great ambassador for Australian hairdressing.”
Well done Jacky!
When I first started in the hairdressing industry, my dad gave me a Trevor Sorbie book and said, ‘one day this could be you winning those hairdressing awards,’ and now I’ve done it!
British Hairdresser of the Year 2019 - 2020, Robert Eaton.
SPECIALIST CATEGORY WINNERS 2019
- British Hairdresser of the Year, Robert Eaton, Russell Eaton, Leeds
- Afro Hairdresser of the Year, Rick Roberts, Rick Roberts, Beverley (East Yorkshire)
- Artistic Team of the Year, Mark Leeson Artistic Team, Mansfield
- Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year, Hayley Bishop & Sophie Springett, TONI&GUY North Audley Street, London
- Men’s Hairdresser of the Year, Jim Shaw & Daisy Carter, Essensuals, Billericay
- Newcomer of the Year, Alex Morton, Jamie Stevens, London
- Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year, Sophie Gibson & Jonathan Turner, Hooker & Young, Newcastle
- Trend Image of the Year (new), Federico Patelli, TONI&GUY Victoria, LondoN
REGIONAL WINNERS 2019
- Eastern Hairdresser of the Year, Nathan Jasztal & Zoe Jasztal, Silhouette Du Barry, Chelmsford
- London Hairdresser of the Year, Andy Heasman, RUSH Victoria, London
- Midlands Hairdresser of the Year, James Earnshaw, Bad Apple Hair, Wolverhampton
- North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year, Alexander Turnbull, Alexander Hair & Beauty, Hull
- North Western Hairdresser of the Year, Jon Wilsdon, TONI&GUY Deansgate, Manchester
- Northern Ireland Hairdresser of the Year, Sharon Malcolm, Sharon Malcolm Hairdressing, Co. Down
- Scottish Hairdresser of the Year, Jason Hall, Jason Hall Hairdressing, Edinburgh
- Southern Hairdresser of the Year, Andrew Smith, Andrew Smith Salons, Portsmouth
- Wales & South West Hairdresser of the Year, Martin Crean, MODE, Chipping Camden, Gloucestershire
- International Collection of the Year (new), Jacky Chan, Oscar Oscar Chadstone, Melbourne, Australia
HAIRDRESSERS INDUCTED INTO THE BHA HALL OF FAME 2019 (FOR WINNING THE SAME CATEGORY THREE TIMES)
- North Western Hairdresser of the Year, Marcello Moccia, Room97 Creative Hairdressing, Wakefield
- Afro Hairdresser of the Year, Michelle Thompson, Wolverhampton
- Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year, Robert Eaton, Russell Eaton Hair, Leeds
For further information, hit here.
IF YOU LIKED THIS, YOU LOVE …