The HaiR-3Rs training teaches salon professionals how to Recognise, Respond and Refer. The training helps the client but also the salon team who may not know how to help or best respond. We equip salon teams with the right information and skills to be able to handle these extremely personal and sensitive situations.
Jenny Jackson, EDVOS Executive Director
This Hair Expo, salon professionals are invited to participate in a Hair-3Rs seminar addressing the safest and most effective ways to assist clients who are facing familial violence.
Scheduled for Monday 10th June at 3pm, the EDVOS led initiative will provide evidence-informed training to salon professionals – teaching attendees how to Recognise, Respond and Refer clients who are experiencing family violence.
With Expo a mere four months away, twenty leading hairdressers and influencers have been named as ambassadors and delegates respectively – each contributor set to support their seminar experience with media exposure both prior to and following the event.
“The HaiR-3Rs training teaches salon professionals how to Recognise, Respond and Refer,” said EDVOS Executive Director, Jenny Jackson. “The training helps the client but also the salon team who may not know how to help or best respond.”
“It is important to be very clear that we are not teaching salon professionals to be counsellors – the training, developed specifically for salon professionals, is about supporting them to safely and appropriately recognise, respond and refer victims of family violence to specialist family violence services, such as EDVOS.”
The three ambassadors are:
- Adrian Panayiotis, Delilah Hair Studio
- Jenni Tarrant, Bond Hair Religion
- Zowie Evans, Zowie Evans Hairdressing
The seventeen delegates are:
- Bernadette Beswick, Beswick Education Services
- Sharon Blain, Sharon Blain Education
- Kobi Bokshish, Intertape Hairdressing
- Adam Ciaccia, Axis Hairdressing
- Steve Corthine, Stevie English Hair
- Leanne Cutler, Siren Marketing
- Andrea De Deugd, Jacou Hair & Educator
- Mia De Vries, The Secret Fox
- Kristy Hodgson, Jarahs Hair
- Simone Lee, Tyler Reid Hair
- Lizzie Liros, Lizzie Liros Education
- Pauline McCabe, Rock Paper Scissors
- Kristy McKenzie, Secret Salon Society + Salon Pay
- Hayley Mears, Six Underground Media
- Marie Nieuwoudt, B’Me Salon
- Jane Trewin, Box Hill Institute
- Zoe Wilde, Zoe Wilde Hair Artistry
While attendance remains free of charge, attendees are required to register their spot via the Hair Expo website. The seminar will be held at Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre Monday 10th June at 3pm.
For more information visit www.edvos.org.au/hair-3rs