An exciting new partnership has been announced between Jobs Victoria and Box Hill Institute, who are banding together to support 75 budding hairdressers and barbers to go enter into a Certificate III in either Barbering or Hairdressing!
The initiative, designed to address the apprentice shortage that has plagued our industry for quite some time, provides 75 subsidised apprenticeships with enhanced skills training and support.
Hairdressing and Barbershop employers within Victoria are invited to participate in the program, which allows for a brighter future to be paved within the next gen of hot new talents that may not have entered the industry at all without an initiative such as this.
“This program is the first of its kind in Australia, and the demand for hairdressing and barbering has never been higher, so we are pleased to be addressing the employee shortage in this way to help employers and the industry sector,” explains Executive Director (Educational Delivery) Jane Trewin.
“The industry has been hit hard during the COVID19 pandemic so this program has been developed to support the shortage of apprentices as well as transition those experiencing difficulty into meaningful jobs.”
It should come as no surprise that, after however many months of salon and barbershop doors remaining shut, demand for services (not to mention the expectations of said services) is higher than ever. This exciting initiative will give aspiring hairdressers and barbers the opportunity to complete two weeks of pre-training before commencing employment.
As part of the ground-breaking program, Box Hill Institute are truly investing in each individual involved to ensure that all opportunity required is well within their grasp. In addition to learning the skills that is part of their Certificate III qualification, it includes:
- Comprehensive recruitment process aligning talent and employers
- Individual mentoring from day one, assistance and support from Box Hill Institute at every level
- Initial skills and personality assessment to identify areas for development, with opportunities to participate in an accredited micro credentials program to fill in any gaps
- Multiple Masterclasses from high profile industry experts in hairdressing and barbering
- Tailored ‘Job Readiness’ training of soft skills including communication, teamwork and client care
Are you a Hairdressing or Barbering employers keen to be part of the program? Click here or call Ruth Browne on 0411 052 208 for more information.