“This look is the epitome of ‘bad girl’ hair. All the girls had hair extensions added and we gave them an outgrown, lawless fringe that instantly created a tough kind of mood. Several of the girls also wore plastic headscarves, which gave an eclectic, strange idea. I used Redken Diamond Oil High Shine to create the shine and new Triple Take 32 hairspray to create some hold, as well as bobby pins for shape. The end look is very raw, tough and boyish.” Guido Palau
GET THE LOOK:
- Starting with dry hair, create a clean middle part. Take one-inch sections on either side of the part and pull tightly behind the ears, securing flat to head with pins underneath the hair at the nape of the neck. Liberally apply new Redken Triple Take 32 Extreme High-Hold Hairspray to the two sections to help flatten the hair.
- Apply 2-3 hair extensions that match your existing color to the hairline, with hair extensions covering face. Using a razor, trim lengths of hair to create an edgy, rough fringe.
- Liberally spray Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist all over, but focusing on the fringe, to add intense shine and create a wet look.
- Secure hair back on either side of head toward the top of the head with two pins to create slight lift and help to open up the face frame.
- Finish by spraying with Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist.