Awards season is officially here, and with it comes some of the year’s most anticipated red carpets.
Forget Barbenheimer, here we celebrate the best tressed at the 2023 Golden Globes and unpack a few of our fave looks from the night!
MARGOT ROBBIE’S BARBIE BLONDE
An homage to the character that saw her nominated for a Best Actress gong, Margot Robbie’s simple yet elegantly undone Barbie Blonde locks were the perfect accompaniment to her Superstar Barbie pink look.
“I coined the term ‘spun with gold’ because the hair looks lit from within, where it’s all cohesively lighter,” says OLAPLEX Global Ambassador and celebrity colourist Jacob Schwartz. “There are still highlights and there’s still dimension, but it looks more effortless. We’ve gradually gone blonder with Margot, but we’ve been touching it up and keeping it fresh and bright.
“When I highlight Margot and any of my other clients, I always use about a quarter ounce of OLAPLEX No.1 Bond Multiplier in my lightener, or bleach. That is the most important part.
“Then, when I rinsed the foils and took the highlights out, I applied OLAPLEX Bond Perfector No.2 and let it sit in the hair for about 10 minutes. Then I gloss her and use the OLAPLEX No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo and OLAPLEX No.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner.
“After you freshly highlight your hair, you have to make sure you’re adding moisture back in. OLAPLEX protects against breakage and keeps the hair strong, but other products in the line are good with moisture and the hair’s softness and shine. I love the OLAPLEX No.6 Bond Smoother, and that’s a leave-in treatment. You can apply that on damp hair and let it air or blow dry. It’s one of my go-to products because you can go either way with it.”
REESE WITHERSPOON’S CALI CASUAL HALF UP STYLE
The brief for Reese’s Golden Globes look? A soft style, with moveable texture that would work with the very windy Los Angeles night as opposed to against it. For ultimate results that will last well into the after party, celebrity hairstylist Lona Maria Vigi (who created Reese’s look) recommends properly prepping the hair for the ultimate base for styling.
- To start, on towel dried hair, Lona used a deep acting, high performance hair treatment to protect the hair.
- Next, Lona applied the KERASILK Volumizing Styling Foam to create instant, long- lasting volume. This product is ultra-lightweight and not only boosts body in fine hair textures, but also acts as a heat protectant, humidity blocker, and helps with frizz.
- Using a large brush, Lona dried the hair by lifting up and away from the scalp for extra volume.
- Lona then applied the KERASILK Multi-Benefit Hair Oil to add shine and help tame any fly-aways.
- Once dry, Lona sectioned the hair and back combed ever so slightly at the crown for a little lift and then loosely gathered the hair in a half up chignon. To secure the knot, Lona sprayed a light dusting of the KERASILK Texturizing Finishing Spray, ensuring it stays put while still being flexible and touchable throughout the evening.
- Lastly, to ensure the look stays all night, Lona used the KERASILK Texturizing Finishing Spray to make sure everything stays in place on this windy night.