AHFA ENTRIES OPEN THIS SEPTEMBER: FEATURING TWO NEW CATEGORIES
Yes, you heard correctly! Entry into the 2018 Australian Hair Fashion Awards – Australia’s largest and most successful Independent Hairdressing Awards Program – will open this September, and boy are we excited to get the ball rolling! With less than one month to go until 2018’s Official Launch, we thought we’d get you up to speed on the two brand new AHFA Categories that have everyone talking:
AHFA Australian Hair Shot of the Year (HSOTY)
The all new Australian Hair Shot of the Year (HSOTY) category is open to every hairdresser in Australia, and is about demonstrating the ultimate wow factor. It’s a single image entry, so it is not necessary to submit a full collection. The submitted image should represent your best or signature work, and should be a stand-out look. It can be a previously seen image or a brand new shot. Multiple entries are permitted per person. Images previously entered into other industry competitions can also be used here. Note however, images submitted into any other AHFA 2018 categories CANNOT be resubmitted here.
Things to Note:
- Entrants are required to submit ONE single digital image: no need to print.
- The single digital image entered can be a previously seen image, or a new image.
- Images submitted into any other AHFA 2018 categories CANNOT be resubmitted here, however any images taken from an AHFA 2018 shoot that are NOT included in the entrant’s final collection CAN be entered into this category.
- Images entered into OTHER industry competitions / awards CAN also be entered into this category.
- Entry images must be provided in two formats – Hi Res jpg (300dpi, max 5MB per image) and Lo Res jpg (max 500KB per image).
- Entrants can submit as many images as they like.
- Press Kit requirements limited to 1-page Bio + Image Credits (i.e. no inspiration required)
- Entry cost: $60 for one entry, $50 for any additional entry from the same entrant thereafter.
- Unlike other AHFA categories there will be TEN finalists for this award.
AHFA Digital Influencer of the Year
Is social media your must-do marketing? Has your business, brand and / or personal profile been transformed by the worldwide web? Is the digital revolution revolutionising you? If the answer to any of these questions is ‘YES’ then this is the award for you.
AHFA Digital Influencer of the Year is a new award that celebrates digital savvy individuals, businesses or brands who are reshaping the way business and communication takes place through the power of the digital world. This spans the whole realm of internet related activity, including social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, your website, ecommerce and YouTube.
We don’t simply want to see how many followers you have, but how you harness your following into positive growth and commercial output for your business, brand and / or personal profile. Entrants will be marked on Content; originality, quality, integrity, voice, frequency, reach and actual influence (the ability to convert readers into taking action as a result of content produced).
Things to Note:
- Entry Format – Please upload a PDF document of up to 10 x A4 pages MAX, combining written explanation and visual supporting documentation of the digital impact you have demonstrated during the awards period.
- AHFA Digital Influencer of the Year is a FREE ENTRY category and no printed images or documents are required.